What is engineered Hardwood flooring? It is a product manufactured by using high density fibers, core of hardwood and plywood. This product is engineered to provide more stability as compared to other conventional hardwood flooring.
This product is gaining popularity among people because it is of a lower price and provides more resistance to moisture, which makes it more stable and a good choice for many applications.
Engineered hardwood flooring optimizes the spirit of antique and traditional hand scraped wood flooring. These hand scraped wood products are very popular among the owners of houses and offices. They provide elegance looks to any place.
There are a number of uses of this engineered wood. Some of these are mentioned below:
1. It is easy to install. They do not require professional installers to install them. You can easily install them in your homes.
2. They are constructed by using different wood species, which helps you picking your favorite one for flooring purposes.
3. It can stand drastic climatic conditions. Moreover, it is more stable than other type of woods.
The wood floorings are of two basic types:
1. Engineered wood flooring
2. Solid wood flooring
Solid Wood Flooring:
The main problem with the use of solid wood grounds is that, when the humidity or climate changes the floor expands or contracts according to the weather condition. This may result in gaps.
It further consists of three main types:
1. Strip flooring:
This type of grounds has a width of 1 1/2″, 2″, and 2 1/4″ and a thickness of 5/16″ to ¾”, which makes it distinguishable from others. used engines near me
2. Plank flooring
This type of flooring, unlike strip flooring is available in variable widths, but has two types of thicknesses. They are available in 3″ to 8″widths and 1/2″ or 3/4″ thickness.
3. Parquet flooring
This type of flooring is made up of different geometrical patterns.
Engineered wood flooring:
It was constructed to eliminate the problems of solid wood and laminate flooring. These problems are as follows:
· Solid wood and laminate floors cannot tolerate moisture
· Their quality is less as compared to engineered hardwood products
· Solid wood and laminate grounds are more expensive than engineered hardwood flooring.
Benefits of using engineered wood floors:
This type of wood is comfortable, pleasing and elegant. It is more durable and long-lasting. It is very easy to install and easy to clean. You can select different eye-catching shades of wood floors according to your taste. This will also help in designing your home with different versatile designs. It is of high value and an excellent investment.